LIFE AT THE COTTAGE

Friday, February 12, 2010

A Side Note


If you have followed along with me from the beginning, or if you've ever ventured back to the very beginning of my posts, you've probably gotten the sense that blogging was something I wanted to do for quite a while, before it became a reality. 

But, certain "life challenges" repeatedly pushed that desire to the back burner.

I finally determined I was going forward...no matter what!  And, I'm glad I did,
however...

If you were to watch me create the vast majority of these posts, you would roll in the floor in hysterical laughter.

My sixteen-month-old granddaughter is usually crawling between my legs, pulling the mouse (or something) off the desk, trying to pull herself up on my lap, or...

 I'll be wrestling her with one hand, while desperately trying to type with the other, and on and on...

Very often, as I'm attempting to take pictures for posts, she will be pulling on my legs or jumping into the frame of the shot, or...

well, you get the picture.

The truth is...half the time that I'm composing my posts, I can't even think straight!!!

So, when you see spelling and grammatical errors in my posts...rest assured that sweet little Lana has most likely been assisting me!


Oh, and by the way, I won't be offended if you let me know when you observe a mistake. 

Thanks, Jenn, for pointing out the correct spelling for "palate."  ; )

xo,
Liz

6 comments:

  1. We live in not such a perfect world, so do not worry about the grammar, I am told everyday by co-workers and my sister. But as long as you touch someone heart who cares in what shape or form it comes in. As long as the intesion was there that is what matters.

    Hugs,

    Maria
    "Hunted Treasures"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those 'ah, man' moments. I thought about writing you before changing it and definitely before posting it, but then completely forgot. Sorry about that. You're not alone in the distractions. Sometimes, it seems to take me forever to do a post. We've had a lot going on lately. Even without it, it seems to be a time-consuming task and there's always something that slips by. (Add to that the keyboard doesn't always pick up my keystrokes ... laptop. ) We're almost past the 14 days...what are your thoughts on hosting an event now that you've done one? :) Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had a baby like little Lana near me I probably wouldn't even be blogging! She is adorable...give her a big hug and kiss for me. I don't know how you have had a party! Whew! Posting everyday has been fun but very time consuming! It's been fun!
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are going to have any kind of distractions, Liz, I can't think of a cuter one! She is just adorable! I'm looking forward to my first grandchild this Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can sympathize with you, although with me its not the granddaughter, its Hector, my Rhodesian Ridgeback boy, who can't stand being separated from his mummy, and needs a cuddle every few minutes. That usually entails him barging into the room, hurling himself at me, which sends my chair spinning round and round, and then I usually end up with one front paw on my shoulder and the other front paw on my keyboard, whilst having my ear chewed lovingly. He weighs about 90/95lb, btw. It takes me ages writing a post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lana is an absolute joy and she also keeps this grandmom hopping!

    Our daughter, Asheley, was just as active growing up. But, I was a lot younger then.

    Since she and her mom live with us, I have the pleasure of her distractions daily. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment.